Monday, November 8, 2010

Into the Forest



I found a new muse: Microfiction Monday over at Stony River.

Every Monday, Susan Carleton posts a photograph or illustration as our muse to write a 140 character short. Perfect for Twitter, I might add.

I realize the photo speaks to bunnies and kittens, but I'm in a dark place right now and my mind wandered to more lethal things.

Microfiction Monday #56:



* * *


Into the Forest

Eyes squeezed shut, hands clamped over her tiny ears, she cowers in the shadows of the forest and prays the screams don’t find her.

10 comments:

Susan Fobes said...

Okay...evil is lurking-LOL! Interesting take on this.

Anonymous said...

Let's pray they don't find her! Dark indeed. :)

Anonymous said...

Chilling. You built the atmosphere so well with so few words. Great job.

Oh, and welcome to MMonday. :)

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to know more. A good sign of a good writer!

glnroz said...

kinda makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck....

libithina said...

Oh I do too 'chase screams away' ~~ sending hugs in hopeful pray ~
*heartsmiles* Lib

hope said...

She does look a little wary about that walk. ;0

septembermom said...

This is chilling. Interesting take.

Anonymous said...

Ohh...I went 'evil lurking' with mine this week too...maybe we're in the same dark place?

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

o scary! poor little baby!